Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, Wilbur!

Happy Birthday to my adorable Godson, Will Dorfsman, or as we like to call him... Wilbur. The sweetest, smartest, and most kindhearted person I know. I am so proud to be his Godmama!

Wilbur (center) with Eli (left) and his little brother, Finn (right) picking apples last month.
Six years ago, Wilbur's mother, Jess (my best girlfriend), was in labor. I had been keeping in touch with her husband, Jeff, throughout the day. Since the hospital wasn't far from my office at the time, I decided to drop in to check on her. When I got there and she wasn't looking or feeling good. Her normally beautiful skin was blotchy, rashy looking... she had gotten sick from the medications. Anyway, her midwife came into check her while I was there and announced it was time to push. As I grabbed my bag to leave, Jess to me I could stay. Reluctantly, I stayed. In hindsight, I am so glad I did! It was the most beautiful and amazing thing I have ever seen! Jess made childbirth look like a piece of cake! She pushed for about 15 minutes and then out came little Wilbur. We all cried and gushed over this new perfect little baby boy. Immediately after Will was born, Jess' skin was back to normal and we even joked about how her stomach went back to normal immediately (no fair!).

I am so honored to have been able to watch Will come into the world and even more honored to watch him grow into a wonderful little person!

No comments: