I thought I had better update everyone on the scoop for Baby Eli. At our last appointment on Friday, Nov. 21, we learned that Eli is completely engaged in my pelvis and I was dilated at almost 2 centimeters. As you know, our due date is this Thursday, Nov. 27. Once you go past the due date, you become "High Risk", so they like to take matters into their own hands to get the ball rolling to get the little one out as healthy as possible. So! The plan is, if Eli is not born before Friday, we will begin inducing labor Friday afternoon. What they do first is try to get your cervix to soften, which can get labor going without pitocin. If after 12 hours nothing happens, then they will hit me up with the pitocin and soon after that... baby!
Of course, I am still hoping to go into labor the old fashion way and keep everything as drug free as possible. But, if this is what we have to do to get the little guy here safely, then that is what we have to do. Either way, Eli will be here at some point this weekend... Holy Crap!
3 comments:
Maybe he will be like you and I and come right on his due date!! Then you won't have to be induced:)
Hello baby Eli! I am so excited to meet you! Hope everything is going well with the newborn!
Congrats Nick & Randi. Em and I look forward to meeting El. Piper can relish in being the bigger baby for the next week or so until Eli shows his true Sundsmo colors.
Post a Comment